VeriumReserve (VRM) and VeriCoin (VRC)

General Chat
vovannovig

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:45 am

Good afternoon.
Help please, there are several questions:
1) Tell me please, what is the difference between VeriumReserve (VRM) and VeriCoin (VRC)?
2) What is better to invest if I want to get paid for a constantly running wallet?
3) What is the annual interest rate for VeriumReserve (VRM) and VeriCoin (VRC)?
4) What is the maximum number of coins for VeriumReserve (VRM) and VeriCoin (VRC)?

Thank you in advance and I apologize for my bad English, I am Russian speaker.

CoinCoin

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:31 pm

Good afternoon. I'll try my best to answer your questions, but i am sure other members will be able to give you even more detailed answers.

I would also like to inform that a lot of the community activity is on slack: See viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3 for invite. :)

1) Tell me please, what is the difference between VeriumReserve (VRM) and VeriCoin (VRC)?
I will quote the website for this one:
Current digital currencies face an impossible task of trying to be both a fast currency and a secure store of value. VeriCoin and Verium together solve this problem with the groundbreaking dual blockchain system called Binary-Chain. Binary-Chain, secures and accelerates transactions by leveraging complementary protocol technologies (PoST [Proof-of-Stake-Time] and PoWT [Proof-of-Work-Time]), into a cutting edge blockchain ecosystem. This results in:
Reduced transaction times for VeriCoin (as fast as 30 seconds).
Improved Verium transaction times from 5 minutes down to 1 to 3 minutes.
Full decentralization through two chains (PoST and PoWT)
Complete immutability
A fully secure digital financial system
Summary: VRM is a proof of work coin where you can mine coins yourself either solo or via one of many mining pools.
VRC is a proof of stake coin where you can earn interest based on staking your existing coins.

VRM and VRC is linked together where VRM has high fees and is "backing" VRC which has low fees and extremely fast transaction times.

2) What is better to invest if I want to get paid for a constantly running wallet?
* Take a look at the mining forums for tips about mining VRM: viewforum.php?f=14
* If you want to earn VRC what you need is basically just to have VRC in your wallet and having it running at all times with staking enabled.

3) What is the annual interest rate for VeriumReserve (VRM) and VeriCoin (VRC)?
* No interest on VRM, on VRC it's variable as far as i know.

4) What is the maximum number of coins for VeriumReserve (VRM) and VeriCoin (VRC)?
* VericoiN (VRC): 26,751,452.35 VRC Minted during PoW period
* Verium (VRM): 1/10th of the supply of VRC if i remember correctly.

• Information